Crossroads Fellowship

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Freak Out

This was written by a lady in my church. You have to read it.

I freaked out Matthew this morning, and his reaction is quite funny and I think, a little extreme. But oh well, what ya gonna do?

Pastor Jerry challenged all of us to get up a little early to pray. I thought, why not. I need to pray more anyway. So this morning was my first morning to get up and pray and wouldn't you know it, Matthew didn't have to be to work till later so he was still here. Normally he'd be gone by that time. I knew he'd be getting up and the only place in the house that would give me the quiet I needed was in the laundry room. So I went in there and sat on the floor and started praying. I heard him in the bathroom and a few minutes later he's opening the laundry room door wanting to know what I'm doing. I told him I was praying so he just rolled his eyes, said how gay, and shut the door. (Yes, he really said that)

Tonight, he tells me it freaked him out so much he talked to his chaplain about it. LOL His chaplain tells him to let me do what I do. :) He also goes to tell Matthew it sounds like I'm converting to Catholic cause they pray in the morning for half an hour. I've never heard of that but I did explain to Matthew I was always told to pray every day but I always did it at night before bed. But around here, it's too loud at night so I'm distracted to easily so when Jerry said get up earlier, I did. And yes, it had crossed my mind to get up earlier but I hate getting up in the mornings. I will sleep to 15 minutes of having to leave the house if I can!! I figured that getting up early to pray will not kill me and at least I will accomplish it. It did feel good to have that time too.

I think Matthew's reaction is hilarious and cute. I can just see the chaplain talking to me about my praying problem. ;D

2 Comments:

  • Matthew would freak out the most if he saw my husband praying. He has stood outside on the middle of our front lawn to pray in the wee hours of the morning, with his arms outstretched. Once he did this while being buffeted by high winds, and our neighbor across the street happened to be awake and saw him from her window. The next day she asked what he was doing and he told her. I thought she would think it was totally weird but she seemed to think it was kinda cool.

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:00 PM  

  • oh wow...i could just imagine this...yah everyone in my family,they would prob of done the same thing.i dont kno wat they would do if they saw me praying!!!LOL
    luved the story!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home