Crossroads Fellowship

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

God Has Friends!

So how does all of this tie together, being with God, believing him and having hope, weak and poor enough in spirit to trust him. Paul would have us to believe that it comes together like this: Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. Romans 5:9-11 If we put off our old selves, and put on the Lord Jesus Christ we are more than saved from the wrath to come. And being saved from the wrath to come is very important, yes even critical, but it is not all.

We were enemies of the Most High, reconciled to God by the death of his Son, but now that we are reconciled, we are saved by his life. The Savior lives, and his life saves us even now. We can rejoice NOW! We have received reconciliation NOW! We are saved from the wrath to come in the future, but walking with God, being a Christian, is more than escaping future punishment. It is more than an insurance policy against hell. It is walking in reconciliation with God now. If you have received forgiveness through faith and repentance, you are no longer an enemy of God, but you are instead God’s friend. The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Luke 7:34 The Lord Jesus is a friend of sinners who have received the gift of life and reconciliation through his shed blood. So walk with God now, not when you die, but now, for he is with you even now, a friend in your present need.

Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Exodus 33:11a

Did you not, our God, drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel, and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend? 2 Chronicles 20:7

Father, Master, Savior,
I want to walk with you now, living out my faith now. I no longer desire to live for some future event that is yet to come, but I realize that I am reconciled unto you even now this very moment, and can call myself a friend of the Most High God! This I do by faith through Christ Jesus, my Lord and ever present Savior. May I walk with you daily, now. Amen

2 Comments:

  • John 15:13-15 "No one has greater love than the one who lays down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

    By Blogger Darlene, at 3:55 PM  

  • I would rather be a Friend of GOD than a King on a throne. AMEN!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home