Crossroads Fellowship

Monday, October 23, 2006

Are You Weak Enough?

Did Christ come for the strong and able bodied, or did he come for the weak and down trodden? Paul would have us to believe that he came for the weak and needy, as would the Lord Jesus himself. For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8

Sometimes I think we feel as though we have to be strong, because strength is what gets us through. Many great and godly men and women were “strong in the Lord.” But what does strong in the Lord really mean. You see Christ did not come to die for a righteous man, but he came to die for weak, broken, poor, destitute sinners. I think though, that many times in our Christian walk we feel as though we have to be super human, and keep it all together to receive the blessings. Perhaps even from my own writings you have perceived that you have put on a tough face in order to receive the Lord’s blessings, but this is not the case.

We really have to be weak enough, and broken enough, to admit that we need the Lord. Christ died at the perfect time for us, the weak. Believing God, and hoping in his promises doesn’t mean you never feel emotion or disappointment, it just means that in the midst of the trial, when grief and pain abound, you cast it all on the Savior. Surely I have felt powerful pain and sorrow, yet I stay on the course, then Paul who is far better than I endured many hardships and dangers, yet he stayed the course even in grief, sorrow, hunger, danger, and pain. Then the Lord Jesus himself was overcome with sorrow to the point of death, emotion pouring forth from him, yet knowing the plan and promise of God he stayed the course.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 So dear Christian, standing firm in hope, faith with expectation, is not never crying, or never hurting, or never feeling pain. It is always clinging, and ever singing of his great and glorious love. It is, when trials overwhelm us, throwing ourselves on him. You don’t have to be strong enough to believe the promise, you have to be weak enough. Are you weak enough to believe the promise? "Strong in the Lord" is really saying weak in myself, so that His strength can be made known in my life.

Father God,
I admit to you that I have often tried to stand in my own power and strength. Yet never have I been strong enough. So following the example of the Lord Jesus Christ, I make myself nothing more than a servant of the Most High. Lord I am weak in you, so that you can be strong in me. I will no longer boast of my strength, but of your strength only.

1 Comments:

  • We are all too weak to make it to Heaven in our own strength!! Only Christ's sacrifice is sufficient!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home