Crossroads Fellowship

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Caught In The Flow!

I have found here recently that I keep getting caught in the flow of stuff. It seems that I find myself doing things that I would never have considered doing just a few years ago, but as I have grown with God things just seem to keep happening. For instance just a couple of years ago I was adamantly against street preaching, but now those who know me know that I am a street preaching machine. I love to go out on the streets and share my faith even though it is probably one of the scariest things I have ever done. It wasn't something I set out to do, but I just got in the river of evangelism I found that eventually I got carried away in the flow of reaching out to the lost.

This is kind of like the river of life that flows out from God. It is not just a river of physical life, but it is a river of spiritual life, and as Ezekiel describes in chapter 47 of the book of the same name the further we go with God the deep the waters get until we can not cross them anymore, but merely have to swim in them. The longer I walk with God the more I find that I can experience His grace, love, mercy, and empowerment for ministry in ever increasing ways. It reminds me of a little song I heard called Deep and Wide. The fountain of life that flows out from the throne of God is deep and wide, and in it is life, joy, peace, and assurance of a future and a hope.

1 Comments:

  • What a concept and what a thought!!!
    AMEN!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home