Crossroads Fellowship

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Righteous Shall live By Faith

I think that it is important for us to explore the statement that the righteous shall live by faith. So why exactly is it that the righteous shall live by faith as Paul asserts in Romans 1:17. The answer lies in verse 18. The righteous shall live by faith:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. Romans 1:18 The righteous shall “live” by faith for the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodly, unrighteous, sinners who by their very unrighteousness suppress the truth of God and exchange it for a lie. I think that there is a lot of power in the statement that the righteous shall live by faith, because without faith and true repentance we are not righteous and we shall die instead of live. But the question is why shall we die for our unrighteousness and not live? I think that Paul gives us a lot of insight into that in the remaining verses of the first Chapter. So I think it good to explore it that in the next post coming tomorrow. But for today let us meditate on God's word that the righteous shall live by faith, and the truth that those who are not living by faith are actually dying.

Lord,
I ask you to speak to my heart through your word. May you lead me in all truth and may I live by faith, rather than die by my unbelief. In the precious name of Jesus I pray, Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home