Crossroads Fellowship

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We Can Trust God To Make Us Holy!

So how are we to know that we will truly be able to see this promise come to pass in our lives when we seem to so often struggle with personal holiness? The easy answer is that we, as Abraham did, believe God and trust in his character as God. However it is one thing to give mental assent to this, and yet is entirely another thing to believe it to the very core of our being. But God knows that we will have this crisis of faith, and being patient, loving, and kind he gently reminds us that he can be believed. Here is what God says through the apostle Paul. He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

God has laid out a plan for spiritual prosperity for us, promising us that we can attain new heights in personal holiness as we press onward trying to attain the prize. Yet this is hard for our minds to understand, perhaps even totally incomprehensible as to how this works. Yet rather than having our darkened understanding hold us back, God reminds us about another area where we can not comprehend the “how” of the matter, yet it still works.

God says, “My child I spared not Jesus to die for your sins, giving up my only begotten son in your place. How then will I not complete in you the good work that I have already started? You can trust me.” That is the heart of Romans 8:32 the way I understand it. We can trust God. You and I can put all of our eggs in his basket because He alone is worthy.

Father of Jesus the only begotten,
May I ever know thee more, and ever trust thee only, resting in your promises because you alone are worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home