Crossroads Fellowship

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where does time go?

It has been a very long while since it seems that I have written here, at least written here on a regular basis. As the church grows it seems like other things come in and take away time, and demand my attention. Where once I had regular time to sit and put my thoughts in written form, it now seems as though I have only enough time to spend in prayer, sermon preparation, and planning out church planting. I am sure that it is the same for each one of us as we go through our hectic lives. More and more things constantly demand a portion of our ever shrinking time. So how are we to prioritize?

I think for that answer we should look to Jesus and his example in scripture:

Mark 1:35-38
35 And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. 36 And Simon and those who were with him searched for him, 37 and they found him and said to him, "Everyone is looking for you." 38 And he said to them, "Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out."


You see the disciples, and practically everyone else, was demanding a portion of Jesus' time. Yet it was a habit that he had to rise early in the morning and go out to a place and meet with the Lord for prayer. Jesus had to go out and check in with God the Father, to see what SHOULD be on his to do list for the day. Is this a habit that we have as believers today? Do we commit ourselves to prayer, first thing, and check in with the "boss" before we plan our day? I think if we could get in this habit that we would find that our days aren't quite so hectic, and that our lives would be so much more rewarding. Why not pray about this, and see if the Lord agrees?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • So funny you should post this. Since classes started back up, I have very little time for anything anymore and I noticed on days I spend time with God, the day goes by smoothly and I get the stuff accomplished I need/want done but on the days where I sleep in because I'm tired or "don't have time to spend with God" are always chaotic, stressful and never goes the way I planned. So I realize that God must come first every day or my day falls apart.
    Becky

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • I find that when I take time for God each morning and give Him my day,I can more easily work on His agenda and not mine. The day is always more pleasant on God's agenda!!
    Melissa

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:44 PM  

  • It's all about priorities and what you hold dear and need to help you make it through the night/day/whatever. For me, it's trial and error for the most part until I get it tweaked to where I need it to be. I've found that's basically true for both religious and non religious folks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 PM  

  • I did a lot of praying on the "What I'm commited to" and like I had told you I was torn between 2 issues. I think the 2 are finally starting to become one and starting to make sense. My life is still busy and always will be but manageable and not so hectic.

    By Blogger StacyRenee, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home